Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 - 2013 Resolution and Objectives

The year 2010

2010, the year I turn 22. Age is just a number, or so many ladies in their late thirties would like you to think. I am disinclined to agree with this expression as it means sooo much more than a tally of the number of years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds spent on this revolving lump of dirt. 22 signifies 22 years spent collecting experience and knowledge (and maybe prejudices as well). Furthermore age serves as a countdown of how many more years are left for us to achieve our dreams. The big twenty-two! Yes you read right, TWENTY-TWO. I do not really consider 21 as a turning point in my life as at that age I am still diddling and dawdling through life. You would have thought that after previous crisisses (namely visa and college) I would have matured a little and had the decency to focus on the more important things in life (eg education, job, personal health, my relationships). All in all, as of this moment, I feel as if I have not made the best of these precious years alloted to me. Therefore I would now like to make my 2010 resolution and set a list of easily achievable objectives to be completed by the end of 2013.

Resolution

I will do everything humanely possible to set my feet back on the diamond studded path I once trod. God give me the strength to control everything that can be controlled and help me control the things that I can't.

By 2013 I will have:

1.) Completed my degree in Finance and Economics.
2.) Learnt enough of Mandarin to speak the language fluently.
3.) Gotten a job in a progressive firm.
4.) Traveled to Japan without being accompanied by my parents.
5.) Developed a beautifully sculptured body.
6.) Acquired enough knowledge to converse with people of different cultural background on topics wide and varied.
7.) Taken scuba diving lessons.
8.) Earned 100,000 Australian Dollars.
9.) Finished a personally dictated triathlon involving wide water rafting, bungee jumping and sky diving.
10.) Done a complete, personal research on a subject of my choosing.

There we go, the goals to be achieved by 2013. Three whole years to complete these ten simple tasks. I will not be swayed or discouraged by anyone or anything in this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment