Sunday, January 24, 2010

Whim Passion Whim Passion Whimpassion (title is partially unrelated)

I need to reorder my life. For too long has my life been governed by whim instead of passion. Yes I can be passionate about many different concerns and whatnot(On a side note my internet at the moment is soo slow that dying by strangulation is considerably faster compared to loading a page). However, I realize these passions rapidly turns to dust as soon as I am distracted by some other interest (otherwise it is Laziness that champions the cause).

Maybe dust is too strong a word to use in this context. These newly conceived ideas remains in the form of an obscure dream cloud merrily orbiting my head and sadly, dispersing when the wind of thought breezes through. Thus, they become categorized as whims otherwise known in flowery terms as flights of fancy for darling Nancy.

Truly, these collection of whims serves as a deterrent in the nurturing of any newly realized passions. As men (politically correct: people) are usually influenced by the sum of their experiences, the reflection of their past serves as a reminder of how easily they have permitted their most ardent passions to degenerate into whimsical whims. For the multitudes cursed with a weak faculty, it is in this moment that the seed of doubt is planted, watered by the rain of uncertainty and sunned by the ray of indecisiveness. Blooming, this tree becomes the building blocks for the bridge of hopelessness as individuals, doubting their resolve to follow through, rush for the perceived short-cut. And thusly, they wind up crossing the aforementioned bridge and wandering through life repeating this sorrowful spectacle again and again.

These pitiable individuals live within everyone of us. People who despite possessing great intellectual capacity, are seduced by voluptuous Laziness. And it is Laziness who does her part in encouraging us to allow our budding passions to dematerialize into whims, which are then forgotten; like dust in the wind.

I hope you are not feeling as depressed, reading it as I am now writing it. Thinking back, I am filled with regrets for all the times I did not follow through. Then again if I am to unearth all my regrets, Mount Everest would have met its match. Life is just too short for me to sit around wallowing in the guilt associated with all my failures. I am still uncertain if Reflect and Repress is the way to go. However, I do know that it is no use swimming in regrets, because sooner or later you are going to drown. Therefore, I will let all the regrets go (including the regret of spending too much time writing this post), and start reordering my life the way I want it to be.

1 comment: